These easy baked Kale & Turkey Meatballs are a perfect weeknight meal for the whole family. Just pair them with your favorite roasted veggies or gluten-free pasta and you are all set for a tasty well-balanced meal.
Meatballs are one of my top go-to meals — they are so versatile and filling. Plus, they freeze really well, making them ideal for whenever you are crunched on time.
Ingredients for Easy Baked Kale & Turkey Meatballs:
- Scallions (green top for low-FODMAP)
- Ground turkey (or chicken if preferred)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Feel free to make extra kale puree — it makes a delicious sauce to top the turkey meatballs or mix with some other veggies like zucchini or sweet potato.
- These meatballs taste great paired with your favorite veggies (I like mixing them with some sautéed zucchini and extra kale sauce) or with gluten-free pasta.
- If you prefer, you can swap the turkey for ground chicken. Both are great options!
- For a low-FODMAP option, be sure to only use the green stems of the scallions.
- Store the meatballs in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3-5 days or 2-3 months in the freezer.
Some other easy & tasty ground meat recipes:
Easy Baked AIP Kale & Turkey Meatballs
These easy baked Kale & Turkey Meatballs are a perfect weeknight meal for the whole family.
- 4 cups curly kale, destemmed & chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1-2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 tbsp, filtered water
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2 Thoroughly clean, destem, and chop the kale. Set aside 4 cups.
- Step 3 Thinly slice one bunch of scallions and set aside. Use the green tops only if low-FODMAP.
- Step 4 In a medium frying pan, heat up the olive oil on high and once it is hot, add in the kale. Immediately turn down heat to medium and saute the kale. Add 1/2 tsp of salt to the kale. After about 5 minutes or when the kale is thoroughly cooked, remove from heat.
- Step 5 In a blender or food processor, add the sauteed kale, scallions, and water. Blend until a smooth paste texture forms. If it is too thick, add a little extra water at a time.
- Step 6 In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, kale, and 1/2 tsp salt. Mix thoroughly until the kale and turkey are fully combined.
- Step 7 Using your hands, form 1-1/2 inch diameter meatballs and place onto the baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush the tops of the meatballs with olive oil.
- Step 8 Place the baking sheet into the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until the meatballs have reached an internal temperature of 165°F on an instant read thermometer.
- Step 9 Once done, remove from the oven and serve.