A delicious summer to fall transition meal, this easy Cucumber & Beef Stir Fry will have you hooked on cooked cucumber. More commonly found in a variety of Asian cuisines, I grew up loving cooked cucumber, especially in soup, but that will be a post for another day!
So, what does a cooked cucumber taste like? I think it brings out an almost melon-like subtle flavor and once you try it, you will never look back. I recommend using either Persian or English cucumbers for this recipe since the peel is thin and delicate. Plus, they will keep their crunch after being sautéed with some olive oil.
Ingredients for Easy Cucumber & Beef Stir Fry:
- Cucumber (Persian or English)
- Ground beef
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- Use either Persian or English cucumbers – they have a thin skin and will remain a little crunchy after cooking.
- Feel free to replace the ground beef with ground pork or bison.
- If following a low-FODMAP diet, only use the green top of the scallions.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Other recipes you might enjoy
Simple Cucumber & Beef Stir Fry
A delicious summer to fall transition meal, this easy Cucumber & Beef Stir Fry will have you hooked on cooked cucumber.
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 4 Persian or 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced, bias cut
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced (green top only for low-FODMAP)
- Step 1 In a large skillet, brown the ground beef. As the ground meat continues to cook, keep breaking it into smaller pieces. Once the meat has finished cooking, remove from the pan and set aside. Reserve 1/2 pound of beef for this dish.
- Step 2 Slice the cucumbers into thin 1/8″ slices on a bias cut. In a bowl, toss cucumber slices with sea salt. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Step 3 In the same skillet, heat up the olive oil on medium-high. Once the oil is hot, add in the cucumber and immediately turn down the heat to medium-low and stir for roughly 5 minutes.
- Step 4 Add in the ground beef and scallions. Keep stirring until the ingredients are well combined for another 5 minutes.
- Step 5 Remove from heat and serve immediately.