These gluten-free and grain-free Green Banana Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies have the most amazing cake-like texture while being completely allergy-friendly. If you love soft cookies, this is the cookie for you!
The texture of green banana flour is so soft and versatile, making it absolutely perfect for AIP/Paleo and allergy-friendly baking.
What exactly is green banana flour?
An excellent source of essential minerals such as magnesium and zinc, green banana flour is also high in both soluble and insoluble fiber, including resistant starch. It has a fairly neutral flavor and with its incredibly soft and smooth texture, it is perfect for making cookies, muffins, and pancakes. The flour can also be consumed raw, making it a perfect addition to smoothies for added fiber.
Ingredients for Green Banana Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Green banana flour
- Cassava flour
- Baking soda
- Unflavored gelatin
- Maple syrup & coconut sugar
- Coconut oil
- Full-fat coconut milk
- Sea salt
- Dairy-free chocolate chips or carob chips (AIP elimination phase)
- If you are following the initial elimination phase of the AIP diet, you can swap the dairy-free chocolate chips for carob chips.
- Gently press the balls of cookie dough down a bit before baking since the cookies don’t spread very much.
- I love sprinkling a little bit of Maldon salt flakes on the cookies before baking, but this step is optional.
- Store the cookies in an air-tight container for up to 3 days on the counter or in the fridge up to 5 days. These cookies also freeze well just defrost or warm up a bit in the microwave.
Green Banana Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies (GF & Top 8 Free)
These gluten-free and grain-free Green Banana Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies have the most amazing cake-like texture while being completely allergy-friendly. Diet Type: SFED, Paleo, AIP (modify)
- 1 cup green banana flour
- 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips or carob chips (AIP)
- Maldon salt flakes (optional)
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2 In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Step 3 In a separate medium-sized mixing bowl, mix the maple syrup, coconut sugar, and vanilla together. Let sit for a couple of minutes to dissolve. Once dissolved, add the coconut oil to the wet mixture and mix well.
- Step 4 Gradually add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Once combined, gradually stir in the coconut milk until fully combined.
- Step 5 Fold in the chocolate or carob chips.
- Step 6 Form the cookies into a ball (roughly 1 inch) and gently flatten onto the baking sheet. Sprinkle lightly with Maldon salt flakes if desired.
- Step 7 Bake for roughly 11 minutes and let cool before serving. The cookies will be very soft at first but they will become firmer as they cool and the gelatin sets. Wait roughly 15 minutes to transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.