These grain-free and refined-sugar free AIP Golden Turmeric Coconut Cookies are so easy to make and ready to eat in only twenty minutes. Soft and chewy, these cookies are perfect as an afternoon snack or a light dessert.
Filled with turmeric, an anti-inflammatory spice containing curcumin, these cookies are a fun way to sneak in additional turmeric while adding an extra pop of color and flavor.
Ingredients for AIP Golden Turmeric Coconut Cookies:
- Coconut flour
- Arrowroot powder
- Baking soda
- Turmeric powder
- Ginger powder
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut oil
- Sea salt
- Coconut butter (for icing, optional)
- When handling the turmeric, be careful since it stains clothing. Be sure to wash hands after preparing the cookies to prevent any staining. After the cookies are baked, the turmeric does not transfer to hands.
- Gently press the balls of cookie dough down a bit before baking since the cookies don’t spread very much.
- Store the cookies in an air-tight container for up to 3 days on the counter or in the fridge up to 5 days. These cookies freeze well – just defrost or warm up a bit in a microwave.
OTHER EASY & DELICIOUS ALLERGY-FRIENDLY COOKIES:
- Crispy Coconut Tigernut Cookies
- Green Banana Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Paleo “Oatmeal” Chocolate Chip Cookies
Golden Turmeric Coconut Cookies (AIP & Top 8 Free)
Filled with turmeric, these AIP grain-free cookies are a fun way to sneak in additional turmeric while adding an extra pop of color and flavor.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Icing (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp coconut manna or coconut butter
- Dash of turmeric powder
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Set aside a baking sheet and line with parchment paper.
- Step 2 In a small mixing bowl, fully mix the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Step 3 In a separate medium-sized mixing bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
- Step 4 Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until fully combined.
- Step 5 Using a #50 cookie scoop (4 tsp), gently place the dough onto the baking sheet with parchment paper. Gently flatten the dough onto the baking sheet. If you don’t have a cookie scoop, form the dough into roughly 1.25 inch diameter balls.
- Step 6 Bake for roughly 9-10 minutes and let cool before serving. The gelatin will set as the cookies cool so wait to transfer the cookies to a cooling rack until they are firmer.
- Step 7 If adding icing to the cookies, wait until the cookies have cooled and warm up the coconut butter until melted and smooth. If too thick in texture, add a little coconut oil to thin it out. Add a dash of turmeric and combine well. Gently drizzle icing on top of the cookies and enjoy.