A fun early summer dish, this warm Roasted Grape & Fennel Salad is fragrant and refreshing, balanced with a light balsamic vinaigrette. While I’ve never really been a “fruit on salad” person, these roasted grapes are such a nice touch – the roasting brings out a rich flavor to the grapes and complements the fennel perfectly.
So simple with just roasted fennel and red seedless grapes, sliced tigernuts, topped on arugula with a simple vinaigrette, this salad is ready to eat in thirty minutes. Feel free to add any leftover protein like shredded or grilled chicken for a balanced meal.
Ingredients for Warm Roasted Grape & Fennel Salad:
- Red seedless grapes
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Leftover shredded or grilled chicken (optional)
- Sliced tigernuts (optional)
- Make sure you use grapes that are seedless (otherwise it won’t be very fun eating this salad!) You can also try this with black grapes instead of red grapes.
- If you using fresh thyme instead of dried, use 1 tbsp to match the flavor.
- Feel free to swap the arugula for your favorite different leafy green like spinach or baby kale.
- Best enjoyed fresh but can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
Be sure to check out these other recipes:
Warm Roasted Grape & Fennel Salad (AIP, Paleo)
A fun early summer dish, this warm Roasted Grape & Fennel Salad is fragrant and refreshing, balanced with a light balsamic vinaigrette.
- 1 1/2 cups red seedless grapes
- 2 medium fennel bulb, sliced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (plus for extra for tossing)
- 3-4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 tbsp sliced tigernuts (optional)
- Leftover shredded or grilled chicken
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2 Clean grapes and set aside in a medium bowl. Core and cut the fennel into 1/4″ slices. Add fennel to the bowl with grapes and toss with olive oil, thyme, and salt. Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Step 3 While the grapes and fennel are roasting, prepare the vinaigrette. In a small mason jar, add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt. Close the lid tightly and shake vigorously to mix.
- Step 4 In a large bowl, add the arugula and top with roasted grapes and fennel, sliced tigernuts, chicken, and drizzle with the dressing (add as much as you like and save the rest).