Ever since going gluten-free, yeast-free, dairy-free, and egg-free, I never thought I would have a “pizza” again. This recipe definitely satisfies my craving while still being allergy-friendly and AIP. Every Sunday has now officially become pizza night!
This life-changing pizza dough recipe is adapted from the AIP & Paleo Pesto Pizza / Amy Myers MD.
Shape the dough into any shape — circular, rectangular, oblong.
Totally up to you!
I recommend keeping the dough on the thinner side, around 1/8″ thick before baking — the dough rises and will be roughly 1/4″ thick when done.
- For the dough, the exact amount of water makes a big difference in terms of the dough texture.
- If the dough ends up being a bit sticky or liquid-like, you can either sprinkle in a bit more cassava flour or simply pour the batter onto your baking sheet into your desired shape. I have tried both methods and they taste the same and rise the same amount. Either way, you can’t go wrong!
- I recommend baking the dough longer than the original recipe – this will give a crispier texture.
PESTO PIZZA WITH FENNEL, ZUCCHINI & SQUASH
Ever since going gluten-free, yeast-free, dairy-free, and egg-free, I never thought I would have a “pizza” again. This recipe definitely satisfies my craving while still being allergy-friendly and AIP. Diet Type: SFED, AIP, Paleo, W30, Vegan
- Pizza Dough
- This dough recipe is adapted from Amy Myers MD.
- 2/3 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 2 tbsp tiger nut flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 cup filtered water, warm
- 1/4 cup Vegan Nut & Seed Free Pesto
- This pizza will work with any toppings of your choice. I enjoy the following:
- 1/2 cup fennel, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced
- Step 1 Heat oven to 425°F. Slice fennel and lightly coat with avocado oil. Place fennel on a baking sheet and place into the oven.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, mix arrowroot flour, cassava flour, tiger nut flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- Step 3 Stir in the avocado oil and warm up the filtered water. Slowly stir in the warm water in the bowl and mix until smooth.
- Step 4 Pour dough onto a baking sheet with parchment paper. Shape the dough into desired shape. Dough should be roughly 1/8″ thick.
- Step 5 Place baking sheet into oven. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until slightly brown.
- Step 6 While the fennel and dough are in the oven, thinly slice the zucchini and squash. Lightly coat a frying pan with avocado oil and add the zucchini and squash. Cook until the vegetables are finished to your preference.
- Step 7 Once the dough and fennel are ready, remove from the oven. Coat the top of the pizza crust with the pesto and layer the zucchini, squash, and fennel on top.
- Step 8 Turn the oven onto a low broil and place pizza back into the oven for 2 to 3 minutes, keeping a careful watch to ensure the vegetables don’t burn.
- Step 9 Remove the pizza from the oven and let cool before slicing.
2 thoughts on “Pesto Pizza with Fennel, Zucchini & Squash (Top 8 Free)”
Love the crust and sauce! Very easy to make.
So happy to hear you enjoyed the recipe!