If you are looking for an easy coconut banana macaroon recipe that is vegan, gluten-free, and sugar-free, this is made for you. Naturally sweetened with banana, this macaroon recipe is perfect if you are keeping added sugar to a minimum.
Made with only five ingredients, these macaroons couldn’t be easier to make. Plus, the vegan chocolate drizzle makes the macaroons extra special – a fun holiday or celebration treat.
Five Ingredients for Vegan Coconut Banana Macaroons:
- Unsweetened coconut flakes (fine-textured)
- Tigernut flour
- Ripe bananas
- Dark chocolate chips (100% dark for sugar-free or carob for AIP elimination phase)
- Coconut oil
- While the chocolate drizzle is not necessary, it definitely makes it extra special! For a sugar-free macaroon, be sure to use unsweetened vegan dark chocolate. I recommend these sugar-free dark chocolate chips.
- If you are in the AIP elimination phase, swap out the dark chocolate chocolate drizzle for a carob drizzle made with carob powder. I recommend this recipe for the carob sauce.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or freeze for up to 3-4 months.
My favorite chocolate treats:
- Paleo “Oatmeal” Chocolate Chip Cookies
- AIP German “Chocolate” Cake Donuts
- Paleo Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
Vegan Coconut Banana Macaroons (sugar-free, gluten-free)
If you are looking for an easy coconut banana macaroon recipe that is vegan, gluten-free, and sugar-free, this is made for you.
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2 In a medium bowl, add peeled bananas and mash with a fork until smooth.
- Step 3 Add in the coconut flakes, tigernut flour, and salt. Mix until well-combined.
- Step 4 Using a #50 cookie scoop (4 tsp), gently place the dough onto the baking sheet with parchment paper. If you don’t have a cookie scoop, form the dough into roughly 1.5 inch diameter balls. This recipe should bake around 14 macaroons.
- Step 5 Bake for roughly 15-16 minutes and let cool before adding chocolate.
- Step 6 While the macaroons are cooling, prepare the chocolate or carob sauce.
- Step 7 For the chocolate sauce, in a microwave safe small bowl, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Heat in the microwave in 30-second increments, heating and stirring until smooth. See ingredients for carob sauce recommendation.
- Step 8 Dip the bottoms of the macaroons into the chocolate sauce and carefully set back (chocolate is facing up) onto the parchment paper/baking sheet. Place the macaroons into the fridge to let the chocolate harden. Wait about 20-30 minutes and remove from the fridge.
- Step 9 Flip the macaroons so the chocolate bottom is facing down. Using a small spoon, drizzle the chocolate sauce on top of each macaroon.
- Step 10 Place the macaroons back into the fridge to let the chocolate drizzle harden.
- Step 11 Ready to eat once the drizzle has set (15-20 minutes). Enjoy!
The Open Cookbook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program, designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. The Open Cookbook may receive a small referral commission if you make a purchase using one of the website links, at no additional cost to you.