Simple and fragrant with only a handful of ingredients, this Roasted Carrot & Fennel Soup is perfect year-round. It is a light and refreshing soup that is AIP, Paleo, and low-FODMAP, perfect if you are unable to tolerate onions and garlic, without losing any of the flavor.
Fennel is one of my favorite vegetables — incredibly aromatic, you will want to make this delicious soup again and again.
Simple and flavorful with only 5 ingredients:
- White sweet potato or russet potato (AIP reintro)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Chicken broth or vegetable stock
Simple Roasted Carrot & Fennel Soup (AIP/Paleo)
Simple and fragrant with only a handful of ingredients, this Roasted Carrot & Fennel Soup is perfect year-round. Diet Type: SFED, AIP, Paleo, W30, Vegan
- 1-2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups carrots, peeled & chopped
- 2 fennel bulbs, chopped
- 1 medium white sweet potato or russet potato, peeled & chopped
- 5 cups chicken broth or vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Fennel fronds, topping (optional)
- Sliced tigernuts, topping (optional)
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2 Clean, peel, and chop carrots and fennel. Lightly coat the carrots and fennel with extra-virgin olive oil and transfer onto the baking sheet. Place the baking sheet into the oven and roast for roughly 30-35 minutes.
- Step 3 Heat 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil in a large stock pot on medium heat. Once hot, add the peeled and chopped white sweet potato. Saute for about 10 minutes.
- Step 4 Once the fennel and carrots are finished roasting, remove from the oven and add to the stock pot.
- Step 5 Mix the white sweet potato, carrots, and fennel, adding the salt and chicken broth, keeping the stock pot on medium heat. Stir and combine the ingredients.
- Step 6 After 20 minutes, remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, blend until the soup is completely smooth. Or, use a high-power blender once the soup has reached a temperature safe enough to handle.
- Step 7 Serve warm and top with sliced tigernuts and fennel fronds (optional) or your favorite soup topping.