This nutritious and dairy-free Instant Pot soup is light, creamy, and surprisingly filling. The potatoes and coconut milk add a richness to the soup, bringing warmth and comfort on a cold fall or winter day. Plus, it is an easy way to eat more kale!
- I have only made this recipe using an Instant Pot but it should work just as well on a stovetop.
- I typically use white potatoes but I have also swapped with white sweet potatoes to make it Paleo and AIP compliant.
- This recipe does not include onion due to my personal intolerance, but sauteing some onion in the Instant Pot before adding the rest of the ingredients would work nicely.
- I recommend using an immersion hand blender, a big help when making pureed soups.
Creamy Zucchini & Kale Soup
A nutritious and dairy-free Instant Pot soup that is packed full of kale, with potatoes and coconut milk providing a creamy richness. Diet Type: SFED, AIP, Paleo, W30 Vegan
- 2 cups kale, densely packed (I like to use baby kale)
- 3 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 medium white potatoes, chopped (or white sweet potato)
- 2 large celery stalks, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 3 cups chicken broth or vegetable stock
- Step 1 Add potatoes, zucchini, celery, and baby kale to Instant Pot.
- Step 2 Add the coconut milk, broth, and salt. Stir to combine ingredients.
- Step 3 Seal the lid and make sure the venting knob is turned to “Sealing”. Press “Pressure Cook” and set the time to 15 minutes.
- Step 4 Once the timer has finished, turn the vent knob to “Quick Release” or wait until the float valve drops on its own and remove the lid.
- Step 5 Use an immersion blender in the Instant Pot until the soup is completely blended and smooth. Or, use a blender once the soup has reached a temperature safe enough to handle.
- Step 6 Serve warm and salt to taste.