A bright and nutritious AIP/Paleo Instant Pot soup that is filling enough on its own or works great as a side bowl of soup. The combination of butternut squash, sweet potato, and turmeric is soothing and delicious. I include this soup recipe as part of my bi-weekly meal rotations year-round. Plus, the color just makes me happy!
- I have only made this recipe using an Instant Pot but it should work just as well on a stove top.
- In order to keep this recipe fast and super easy, I use frozen butternut squash but fresh works just as well.
- This recipe does not include onion due to my personal intolerance, but sauteing some onion in the Instant Pot before adding the rest of the ingredients would work nicely.
- I recommend using an immersion hand blender, a big help when making pureed soups.
Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup
A bright and nutritious Instant Pot soup that is filling enough on its own or works great as a side bowl of soup. Diet Type: SFED, AIP, Paleo, Vegan
- Step 1 Add carrot, yellow squash, sweet potato, and butternut squash to Instant Pot.
- Step 2 Sprinkle in the turmeric and salt.
- Step 3 Add the coconut oil and broth. Stir to combine ingredients.
- Step 4 Seal the lid and make sure the venting knob is turned to “Sealing”. Press “Pressure Cook” and set the time to 13 minutes.
- Step 5 Once the timer has finished, turn the vent knob to “Quick Release” or wait until the float valve drops on its own and remove the lid.
- Step 6 Use an immersion blender in the Instant Pot until the soup is completely blended and smooth. Or, use a blender once the soup has reached a temperature safe enough to handle.
- Step 7 After the soup has been pureed, use a strainer to slowly pour the soup into a large bowl. This might need to be done in multiple batches.
- Step 8 Serve warm and salt to taste.