All recipes on The Open Cookbook are allergy-friendly and follow the Six Food Elimination Diet (SFED), also known as the Top-8 Food Allergens, while taking into consideration my current safe foods.
The majority of recipes are also Autoimmune Protocol Diet (AIP), Paleo, and Whole30 (W30) compliant or can be easily modified.
What does this all mean? The recipes are free from the following:
- Tree Nuts
- No refined and processed sugars
- Cumin, pepper, mustard and other non-AIP approved spices
- Nightshades (except for white potatoes)
- Garlic and Onions (except for scallions due to intolerance)
- Most fruit (due to intolerance and OAS)
Food allergies are incredibly personal and no experience is the same. If you customize any of the recipes with your own safe foods, I would love to hear what works for you. I hope you enjoy!
For a list of my safe foods that guide the recipes, please follow here.